Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Top Ten Songs of all time, at this stage.

So I recently made a cd of my top ten songs of all time. It was quite difficult to do and doesn't really reflect what i've been listening to these last few years because it was an all time list and had to include a couple of songs from my past that mean a lot to me. I had a lot of trouble narrowing down the list to ten, so I included 7 bonus tracks, which are in no particular order, although the top ten is in order. The track listing begins with songs 10 to 1, and then the 7 bonus tracks.

1. 10. Father and Son - Cat Stevens
2. 9. Run To Paradise - The Choirboys
3. 8. Life Is A Highway - Tom Cochrane
4. 7. California One/Youth and Beauty Brigade - The Decemberists
5. 6. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
6. 5. Shine On Me - The Lucksmiths
7. 4. The Shining - Badly Drawn Boy
8. 3. Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens
9. 2. The Boy With The Arab Strap - Belle and Sebastian
10. 1. Nice Day - The Salteens
BONUS TRACKS
11. Close To Me - The Cure
12. Disco 2000 - Pulp
13. Passenger Side - Wilco
14. Mornings Eleven - The Magic Numbers
15. It's The Nighttime - Josh Rouse
16. Scientists - The Guild League
17. Sister - Sufjan Stevens

If you don't know any of these songs I would recommend giving them a listen. I also recommend making your own top ten list. It's quite difficult to do if you like a lot of music.

No comments: